Monday, September 6, 2010

Welcome to Criminals in Action...

 

Here we are at the beginning of the 2010-11 school year.  I hope to use this page as a way to keep track of what's going on at Yuma High and a way to stay on top of the pictures I take.  This page will be updated regularly in the fall and then we'll see what happens when coaching starts.  Welcome to the Criminal Nation, enjoy your stay, and remember to always "Bleed Blue!"

Criminals invade the links...

Criminal Marrisa Madrigal has a sweet swing and follow through.


I covered the Girls Golf team on Friday (9/3) for coach Huyck as she had a prior engagement.  Coaching golf was an interesting experience.  Mostly it involves driving around seeing if the players need water.  Spending time on the golf course on a beautiful (although a little toasty) Friday afternoon isn't the worst way to go.  The only bad point is that high school golf is a SLOW affair.  I believe 9 holes took around three and a half hours.  Most of the Yuma girls have never played before and are learning something new each day.  They are a great bunch of girls who kept their heads up and improved their scores by a combined 40 strokes over the first time out.  Cibola has some legit golfers, but for the most part it looked like most of the girls are "emergent" in their skills.  Good times were had, but getting back to Yuma at 7:20 for the football game didn't leave much time to get ready to take pictures.
Not the best picture, but liked the club flex of Danielle Preston.






The girls play again next Saturday v. Kofa and Cibola.  7:30 tee time at Foothills Golf Course.


Click here for all the photos of the match.









Only eight more weeks before Kofa...
Travon Clark had the touchdown for the Criminals.
 I got to the game late and only stayed until half (it was a long day, see above).  When I got there it was 7-6 Yuma, then it went downhill.  I should have stayed on the golf course I guess.  The crowd was pretty big and loud, which is great to see.  It's been awhile since we had big, rowdy, raucous crowds.  When's the last time the stands were rocking with a "Yuuuma, Criminals"?   I can't wait until we start playing the teams in town and we get more of the student body there.




Anthony Jackson taken down with quarterback Makalea Chun leaping in at the end.



Many of the skilled positions are newly filled as many great players left us from last year.  The Crims fought hard this night and unfortunately ended up on the wrong end of a beat down.  I can't wait until next week when I might see a whole game (can you say road trip?).  Yuma is on the road in El Centro next week.  7:00 kickoff.

Mick Walters leads the offensive line as they prepare to attack.




Since I was only here for about a quarter I only got a few keepers.  Click here for the rest.





I'll continue to work on this blog as the year progresses.  Visit my Flickr site to see all my last years photos.  The heat may being going down, but the Criminals are ready to heat things up on the field and court.  Everyday is a great day to be part of the Criminal Nation.  

Until next time,
Bleed Blue
Jurgens

No comments:

Post a Comment